Friday, August 14, 2015

Summer Fundraiser For High-Low

After a bit of a time away from this blog and writing in general, readers of this blog may notice that I'm back in a rhythm. Unofficially, I'm in the middle of doing a long series on autobiographical comics. I have about another week left in this series, after which I will tackle comics for kids for a week. After that, I'll finally get to the big profile on Josh Bayer I've been promising for a while.

One reason why my writing output has been lessened is the usual financial pressures made more dire by a variety of medical bills stacking up. Any reader who wishes to make a paypal donation for the site may do so using the button on the right. I would like to thank all of the readers who have made contributions in the past; you don't know how much those contributions, both big and small, have helped me and my family.

Lastly, thanks to said financial pressures, this will be the first year since 1999 that I won't be able to attend a comics festival. I'm usually a mainstay at SPX, but I regret to say that I won't be there this year. Anyone who hoped to pass on their work for review at that show may send it to me at the address at the left. This is especially true for artists at comics programs like SAW, SVA, MCAD, Columbia College and especially the Center for Cartoon Studies. I'd like to continue to make my Thirty Days of CCS an annual tradition, so for any any CCS students and/or alums who see this, please pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment